Download Stareater v0.8
New game features:
- Star system policies - colonies are managed indirectly by picking a policy for whole star system.
- Galaxy scan range - other player ships are only visible within certain distance from owned colonies and starships.
- Fuel mechanic - a resource pool used by ships traveling away from owned colonies. Going further away uses up more fuel and if too much is used the economy is penalized.
- Fleet pathfinding - ships can be sent more then one starlane "hop" away and they'll automatically pick the fastest route.
- Map generator - now actually tries to balance planet sizes and traits instead of placing them purely randomly. There is a lot more planet traits and a star type affects planets. Map preview shows star system quality.
- Colonization - generalized with interstellar migration. Both use same population transporters and automated management logic (routing, loading and unloading).
- Catalyzer (space monster) - retreats from battle after tainting a star.
- Nestable GUI elements - allows for more complex user interface.
- Galaxy map GUI - mostly replaced with game engine GUI. Removed Winforms toolbar. Made graphics for new interface elements (end turn button, scan range toggle, toolbar replacement buttons, policy cycle button).
- Tooltips - hovering a mouse over certain UI elements reveals more information about it.
- Reworked text rendering - big texts are not blurry any more but small text are bit less crisp. In general characters to display graphics pipeline is more sensible now.
- Small tweaks to tech tree.
- Fixed issues running under mono on Linux.
- Fixed lockup when a player is attacked at undefended system.