Download Stareater v0.5.4
As usual details are covered in previous posts and here is a brief summary:
- Refit cost from one design to another factors in component difference. More similar designs cost less to refit.
- Missiles were introduced. They are basically an instant hit weapon like laser but with limited ammunition.
- Damage on ships persists after battle and can be repaired.
- Improved graphics engine. It's a bit more powerful and a lot less prone to human error.
- Last game map settings are remembered.
- Fixed a crash on when loading invalid settings file.
- Improved starlane distribution when generating a "galaxy" map.
There are two known issues. First one is crash on startup on Nvidia GPU with recent drivers. There is no easy way to fix it so it will stay for a while. If you do observe this crash, try to run Stareater on different GPU or on no GPU at all. Second one is occasional crash on new turn. I'm still figuring out how to solve it, it a though case of concurrency issue where a piece of data is used after expiry. But don't let it ruin your fun!